Childhood Fantasy


It all started since childhood…
I was fascinated about patterns. I am born and brought up in a Marwari family. My father is a successful business man and my mother is a dedicated home maker. Marwari culture is an elaborative one. One beautiful thing amongt all is applying heena(temporary natural tattoo)on our hands. When we were young, my mother used to apply heena on our hands. She used to design beautifully. Looking at her do it so passionately, I was always inspired by her.

First art form that I learnt, was fabric painting, in fabric painting I used to trace designs and then paint the bedsheets and pillow covers with fabric colours. I did not continue, but this style of art helped to use paint brushes of different sizes and practice confident strokes.

During my teenage, I did clay work and practiced heena application also. Claywork taught me to enjoy the journey of artforms and heena application taught me that 'nothing remains forever'.

I tried my hands in web designing also because I had the base of information systems. Its completely new and unique experience to design web pages and information systems. It was fun and it also won me some certificates during my college time.

One fine day, during my post pregnancy, I came across a beautiful art designed by my cousin, Shivangi. She had titled it as zentangle art. I could somehow relate to her design because it was pattern art and quite similar to mehendi designs. I wanted to know about Zentangle. So I googled it. In the internet there were hundreds of patterns available. Then I started to observe and study them on my own untill I found a Certified Zentangle Teacher from India.

You can read my other blogs:

About Neeti SawarthiaTibrewala

           Neeti's Zentangle Journey

           Tangles by Neeti

           Poems by Neeti

           Tangling workshop by Neeti



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ongoing Journey

The Zen Yantra

Zen Yantra Online Lesson